- How do I install the dialer?
Simply download the file from our website, then run it. The installation wizard will guide you through the process. The dialer will work with most software firewalls, such as Norton Internet Security. Just remember to allow communication on all ports when prompted by the firewall software.
- The person I am calling hears an echo on the line? What is causing this?
Echo is sometimes caused by incorrect mic/ speaker settings. Use the audio controls to adjust your settings. Also, echo is often eliminated by using a headset or handset, instead of regular desktop speakers, as it prevents the other side hearing themselves in your speakers!
- The sound quality is poor. Is there anything I can do to improve it?
The most common cause of a poor quality call is a poor quality internet connection.
- The call duration show in the call logs is longer than the call I actually made. Why?
You must click 'Cancel' or close the dialer, when you have finished your call. This disconnects you from our network. Failure to do this could lead to additional costs being incurred.
- How do I call another Himbe user?
Simply dial 000, then their Himbe ID. For example if their user ID is 1234567, you would dial 0001234567. Calls to other Himbe users are free!
- I tried to call another Himbe user, but it said number unavailable. I know they are online, so why did it fail?
If their dialer has not been used for several hours, it may have lost connection to the server. Ask them to make an outbound call and it should 'wake up' the connection and you should be able to call them.